Monday, November 1, 2010

Take the Pledge!

Catching Up

I apologize for my lack of posting.  It has been a busy few weeks.  Alea is growing more and more each day.  It is amazing the spirit Alea brings to our home.  This last week we did spend a few hours on Monday and Friday at Primary Childrens' Hospital.  Alea had a fever both nights, and the Dr. sent us straight to the hospital.  All tests came back negative and the fever left a few hours after it came.  On Friday it left without even using Tylenol.

Sisters for Awareness

The Keena and EC both turned in video projects for this years PTA Reflections Contest.  You can read more about the contest here.  They both decided they wanted their projects to be about Down syndrome.  As they had to do the work themselves, I couldn't be more proud of them.  Take a look for yourself.

EC's Project
Here is what EC said about her project.

"I did it because my sister has Down syndrome and they make me smile. Kids with Down syndrome are more alike than different because they love us. I chose the song because it says to "make you feel my love". And because I had a warm feeling that song was the song I was looking for."

 


Keena's Project
Here is what Keena said about her project.


"My project goes with the theme because the theme is Together We Can. My title to go with that theme is Together We Can Spread the Word to End the Word. I think it is important to help prevent the R-word. It makes people with learning disabilities feel disconnected with other people. My thoughts are if everyone took the pledge, I think that word would be long gone. I have a little sister who is 2 months old, that has Down syndrome. If she was called the R-word it would get her feelings hurt and my families feelings hurt. Help me spread the word to end the word by watching this video! I hope you enjoy the show!"




To take the pledge, please visit www.r-word.org .  Let the girls know if you do, they are keeping track.  So far they both got their classes to take the pledge, on their own.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    I have been meaning to write you back and promise to do so in the next couple days! My husband and I both admire the strength and love that your family share. But being as how I don't know your family well, your daughters are already such incredible little women! I love everything this post stands for! I also enjoy reading all of the updates on little Alea. Just wanted to let you know your doing a great job with this blog. I look for new entries whenever I pop on the computer!

    Your friend, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray for all of you. We love you guys and appreciate any updates that we get - however we want MORE photos of your precious girls!

    ReplyDelete