Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thanks for Making Our Angel Your Buddy!

A little over a week ago I decided to put together a team for Alea for this weekend's buddy walk.  We had been so busy with getting Alea home from the hospital that I hadn't really thought about it much.  When I did think about it, I figured I was too late to the game and wouldn't be able to raise much anyway.  I had written a post to refer people  to a friend's team to raise money as it would go to the same cause.  I then thought that it would be a good thing for EC and Keena, so I decided to create a team.  The money is raised for the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation (USDF). 

I set the goal at $500 knowing it would be a long shot at best to reach in just over a week.  About 20 hours later, I checked the page and was blown away to find we had exceeded our $500 goal.  It did not stop there.  The goal has been blown out of the water.  Who knew we would come so close to $1000.  I am humbled by the generosity of people.  I want to thank all of those who have donated.  I cannot express in words what it means to me and my family.

The money raised will directly benefit Alea this next year as it goes to support the our USDF chater in their efforts to provide outreach, training, support, education, information, and activities for individuals with Down syndrome, their parents and families, and the community.  As we learn more about Down syndrome and how to help Alea be her best, we will be leaning on USDF for education, training, etc. 


If you would like to still make a donation you can here, http://www.firstgiving.com/awalkwithourangel .

Again, as a family we thank you for your kindness and support.  For those we don't know, anonymous or otherwise, we are so grateful for your investment in our Angel Alea.

Love,
Chris, Jodi, Keena, EC and Alea

No comments:

Post a Comment